Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeremyb

Frigidaire Range Door Lock Problems

5 posts in this topic

Great Wisened Samuri and master of all Appliantology (and all that is fermented with hops),

So I have a Frigidaire Range model # FEF389WFCF. The other day, cannot be sure what happened since I was not there, the door lock engaged but the door is in the open position and not matter what sequence of buttons I push it does not unlock.

I have done some reading and tried pushing in the door switch and holding down the clean button but it just continues to say lock on the controls.

My next step was going to be to replace the door switch and then perhaps the door lock motor.

I make my petition to thee oh master of appliances, shouldst I proceed on my humble course or must I change direction.

Your Humble Servant.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The Latch Motor is located behind the Range's Rear Wall Shield.

You could apply 120v AC to the Motor to turn it, and test the Switches.

FEF389WFCF Wiring Diagram

Which terminal should I apply power to? The brown wire? I have already removed the panels and located the switch and the door motor.

Thanks.

Which terminal should I apply power to? The brown wire?

Looking at the Wiring Diagram, it looks like the Pink wire and the White wire go to the Motor Connector.

may be the Connector in the upper right corner of this picture

00638747.jpg

does your range have a control lock? many frigidaires do and they will say LOC on the display, there will be a button to push and hold to release this feature, consult manual if unsure of button

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0