Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Ciderzydeco

Maytag Neptune MAH9700AWW 3E code

5 posts in this topic

I have a Maytag Neptune MAH9700AWW front washer (Serial Number 116830786J) that has given me an error code 3E at the rinse/spin cycle. This was a small load of clothes. I removed the clothes, unplugged the machine; reset it to spin; the basket is trying to spin but it won't. I opened the back panel, checked for any loose wires and tried again - still won't spin.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Good topic on this at our old forum. Here's your personal invitation to it==> http://applianceguru.com/forum2/27027.html

Grok on that and post any followup questions here.

Thanks. :thanks: I was able to find the tech manual on line. Went into Service Mode and performed both the Board Output Test and the Quick Spin test per the troubleshooting instructions. Both gave me the 3E error so I am not feeling too happy about this. :wallbash:

Per your advice and the tech sheet, checked the ohms at the motor - they were in range. Couldn't get a readout at the control panel. When I reset everything, the motor is trying to spin the drum, but doesn't get the rpms.