Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
johnjk

GE Fridge Door Water Woes

8 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I have a GE Fridge GSS25LGMF WW. Purchased in 2001. It has worked great up to a minor problem today. The water through the door stopped working this evening. Worked fine, normal pressure, then the next time we went to use it, nothing. Ice maker still works (fills when calls for water, separate solenoid and water line).

So far I have tried the following:

Verified that water solenoid is operating.

Verified that I have water coming from valve at rear of fridge when water dispenser activated.

Replaced water filter.

Verified that I have water coming from the tubing running to the freezer door when water dispenser activated.

This tells me I have no blockage up to this point, so my issue is in the freezer door.

I'm not seeing how to get in to the door to check the tubing. My guess is I have a blockage up near the discharge spout. I would imagine that discharge assembly for the ice and touch pad come apart, but am not seeing it and don't want to mess it up.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You possibly have a frozen water line inside the freezer door. GE makes a heater for this problem .

01066440.jpg You can get it here: http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts?s=t-WR49X10173-%3d%3d

BTW to remove touch pad, with the help of a small pointy thing or small screwdriver......dc8357_0.jpg

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Thanks for the reply. I did figure out how to get the touch pad off late last night. Disconnected power to the fridge and removed it so I could see if I could get any further into the water dispenser. No such luck. Reassembled, tested and still no water. Tried it this morning and it is working again. Do you know is there a solenoid valve up by the dispensing tube, or is water output only regulated by the solenoid in the rear of the fridge?

The lines for the heating unit... where do they run? Inside the tube, outside next to the tube??

I do appreciate the assistance.

No solenoid in dispenser, just a microswitch that energizes water valve in back of fridge. From what I gathered from your earlier post, you are getting water to the freezer door. This eliminates any problem with the microswitch. You already figured out the hard part of the installation..ie removing control, just follow included instructions. Very easy install.

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Dispenser inop.

Appears impenetrable!

Screwdriver in tabs.

1192074589_kCQsE-L.png

That is correct. I am getting water to the door. I'll order a kit up today.

Thanks for your assistance.

Easy installation. Kit came in last week. Very quick delivery. Thanks. Took longer to clean out the area where the heating element sticks than doing the actual install.

You're rocking the Casbah! jnkdjaaa.gif