Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mac42718

Kenmore portable washer not pumping water out

4 posts in this topic

I've got a call to look at a Kenmore portable washer model 110.44182401. The complaint is that the machine is not pumping the water out. The owner is also unsure of whether the washer is even trying to go into the spin cycle. I've got plenty of experience with fixing regular whirlpool direct drive washers and how to break into them. However, this washer has got me a little bit concerned. For instance, do I gain access to the pump through the bottom of the machine? Also, how do I get the top off to change check out the lid switch? I've been looking over the schematics, but does anyone have any tips or suggestions for how to gain access to this machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I don't know who really made this

Whirlpool 22″ COMPACT AUTOMATIC WASHER L-74 Service Manual c.2004

link PM'd 27 MB

LCE4332PQ.jpg

That's a Mexican built "World Washer" - pump is lower rear access from underneath (mtg screws are on back)

Unplug machine, select H/C temps, turn cycle selector to 3 o'clock position, plug unit in (an indicator light will come on) perss and hold the button adjacent to the indicator, and at the same time turn the cycle selector to 4 o'clock position, continue to hold the button down for 4 seconds.

Machine should now be in diagnostic - each selection of the temp selector will operate a different function of machine (fill, agitate, drain' spin) you can toggle the function on or off by pressing the start button in each temp selection (jam something into lid switch so you can watch it).

Note that water fills from bottom, so you will be able to hear it but not see it filling

If you try to just start a cycle to observe it, you will have to wait the whole cycle to see functions as there is no way to advance it.

Hopefully it will be a kinked/twisted drain hose (common) or something jammed in the pump.

OK - ignore my previous directions as I posted them prior to seeing the picture Reg posted and those instructions are for the older style control - this one is similar, but I can't recall which 2 buttons you hold for diagnostics. They all have (had) tech sheets in them(pasted in bag to inner cabinet) - you should be able to find the tech sheets if you tip the unit back and look from underneath.

If you need to open the top, remove the 4 screws along the back of top - lift rear of top and slide back, but you need to reach in while you do this to disconnect small harness from lidswitch.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0