Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jestlilome

Kenmore stackable Laundry Center 417.93802200 Heating Element replacement

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a Kenmore stackable (Model 417.93802200 / sn: XE22003299. The heating element is out. This has happened before, and I replaced from the back of the unit. I have read here and several other places that it can be done from the front? If so, how hard is that to do? It don't sound bad, I'm more than a little mechanically inclined, but I'm not sure a 5'3" female can pull it off (removing the drum) by myself. On the other hand, because of the placement of the unit, it actually has to be picked up and over a toilet - took about 5 people last time. I would like to be able to fix this by myself without having to schedule a time when that many people can make it at the same time.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Sherry

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The only thing you should do from the back on these dryers is unstring the belt from the motor. The rest of the disassembly is according to the Frigidaire dryer instructions on this page==> http://fixitnow.com/wp/2003/11/16/appliance-tip-of-the-day-dryer-disassembly/

Here's the part link to the new heating element==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element-Assembly/1553336

Thanks for the reply - you know, the only part I've been able to find was that assembly that you posted a link to. But I do remember that last time I was able to buy just the coil. I distinctly remember snapping it into place. Do manufacturers change stuff like this on a regular basis?

I think the mfg stopped selling just the heater coil because of premature failures from poor/incorrect installations, usually having to do with uneven tension, hotspots, sags, etc. Replacing the assembly is a much more reliable repair. Easier, too!

The restring kit is still sold and the only thing I use, I've never had a problem with a restring.

The older ones use to have 1/4" terminals and come pre-stretched, it is the only one I stock and

use. I even use it to replace the newer one that has 5/16" terminals. The 5/16" spade connectors

push on and hold good and tight on the 1/4" element terminals and it is about half the price of

the new element that the only difference is the terminal size and the expensiver one doesn't come

pre-stretched.

Here's my parts notes for the elements:

Electrolux/Frigidaire Dryer element restring kits

WCI 5300622032 == 1/4" terminals -- can be used to replace 5/16" terminal element (best deal)

WCI 5300622034 == 5/16" terminals