Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Who Made my Kenmore?

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know who made Kenmore microwaves in 1981?  I would provide a model number, but that particular microwave is so old that the model number has been rubbed off the sitcker.

[user=7258]shadow460[/user] wrote:

Anyone know who made Kenmore microwaves in 1981? I would provide a model number, but that particular microwave is so old that the model number has been rubbed off the sitcker.

Without a model# the only other way to know for sure is to find a part# for a couple parts, (maybe marked on the actual parts), and be able to recognize them as a specific brand.

In the past lots of the Kenmore units where made by Sanyo if I remember correctly, (seemed like they had an extreme number of megtube going out in some of the Kenmore units bake around that time).

I also believe they had Sharp doing some of there microwaves back around that time also.

Actually, the model number was on the back.  The destroyed sticker must have been the radiation warning label.

The model number is 564.9908210

I can't remember what was in there--was either a Sanyo mag tube or a Sharp one.  I think it was Sanyo.  It was beautiful to see an appliance with absolutely no solid state parts!  And it still works!!

[user=7258]shadow460[/user] wrote:

The model number is 564.9908210

564.Sanyo

I just purchased a new dishwasher from Sears. I cannot figure out who made this one. Could I please get some help?

I am thinking Bosch (by the charts provided) but that doesn't seem right. The salesman said Whirlpool.

Model number is:02216039000

Used to have a Ge profile, but did not want to put in another $750 for one that only lasted 6 years and never cleaned that good.

Thanks, Brad

[user=517]Sparkland[/user] wrote:

The salesman said Whirlpool.

Model number is:02216039000

Thanks, Brad

No can help without a real model#, what you gave is a Sears product number which only contains 022 - is product division,(I believe). The rest contains portions of the real model#.

The number we need is the one from the appliance model/serial# tag.

It will be 3 numbers (Dot) 7 or 8 more numbers.

The 3 numbers before the dot will tell us who made it.

[user=36]Budget Appliance Repair[/user] wrote:

No can help without a real model#, what you gave is a Sears product number which only contains 022 - is product division,(I believe).

• 1 month later...

Anyone,

Do you have a possible mfr date for my Kenmore Dishwasher or a website that can help decode the Serial number, like the URLs you have posted for the MFR Model code breakdown:

M: 363.15482000

s: DA307139R

You folks are awesome.  I called Sears for the information and they told me they could not tell me.

Thanks, KK

[user=8898]KK[/user] wrote:

M: 363.15482000

s: DA307139R

363. = G.E. built product CLICK HERE for info on G.E. build dates.

Serial# D = Month built (Feb.)

A = Year built (1977, 1989 or 2001)

[user=8898]KK[/user] wrote:

It is probably a 2001. Thanks!!! KK

I don't know about that, if it were a 2001 I would think it would come up in one of the 5 sites I use to research. Unless your model number is wrong it doesn't come up anywhere so there is a possiblity that it's a 1989, some of these machines if kept care of can still appear to be quite new from general appearances.

• 2 months later...

Call it March of 1998, They changed the table somewhere along the line, but that should be in the ballpark...

[user=8989]Chat_in_RI[/user] wrote:

Call it March of 1998, They changed the table somewhere along the line, but that should be in the ballpark...

thank you very much! i've been reading that many of these kenmore/whirlpool dishwashers have some big issues. do you happen do know off hnd if this one might fall into those categories?? i am debating whether or not to replace it before we sell our house. it is the only older appliance and i have never used it.

[user=10884]kdblev[/user] wrote:

i am debating whether or not to replace it before we sell our house. it is the only older appliance and i have never used it.
I see no reason to get rid of it, if you never used it, it should be like new... Not in the serial number range of the major poblems.

Thanks for all the help! I was mainly trying to make sure it wasn't one of those earlier recalled ones, since I had no idea when it had been bought. Had my husband check all the connections and ran it tonight and it seems fine. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

[user=0]Will[/user] wrote:

I have a kenmore model number 63016303400 and lost the manual. I'm trying to find it on line but so far no luck. Who makes this? I don't see 630 on your chart. Thanks.

This is a front loder washer ?

Made by Vanusi ? <- somthing like that. Italy

Anyway, very few parts are available if any.

Long gone ...

630.16303400 post it like this at sears web site and you will find out this is a sears kenmore dishwasher made by whirlpool.

Current source 630 Dishwasher is BOSCH since around 1990.

In which case if you put the /UC number after the model it should come up.

Unless it is the first Bosch model ('91)with the controls on the top.

For some reasion you have to call and get the info. from either Bosch directly

or parts direct will look it up on film

Like this

630.16303400/uc     It comes up.

• Team Samurai

Hey, Applianceman, haven't seen you in a while. How you been, Budrow?

as you may know I have been in process of packing up appliance parts store .its all done now all the parts are in storage and I am taking a little breather

Archived