Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest jager

GE washer

13 posts in this topic

Washer not running and nothing in it, It fills itself up with water and over flows. What's up with that.  We need to turn the water off every time we finish doing a laundry.

Yikes :shock:  drowned my camping gear.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

WH13X86 fill valve if it's a new style.

Generic CW151 fill valve  if it's old style.

New style valve:

00133460.jpg

To buy the part, CLICK HERE.

My life is saved, thank you. I will camp this year after all.

Jager:D

Which one was it?

I may have the fill valve you need. It is used. It came off the 1998 washer in question. Let me know.

I took it apart and cleane it. we have a ton of iron in our water and it caked on the seals.

I'll let you know if it dies and I need the one you have.

thanks,          Harley

why do people test fate. if its broke replace it, you may get away with cleaning it for a short period of time or you just may in a day or two when you least expect it flood your house. for the price of the valve i'de rather be certain that its not gonna fail. but thats just me i guess

I've been to houses that have had $20,000 worth of flood damage for that very reason.  Once you remove the protective inlet screen, you distort it so it no longer seals the water inlet correctly and the valve is vulnerable to sediment damage, such as getting stuck in the open position.  They realized after the fact how silly it was to save $20 by not replacing the valve only to incurr $20,000 worth of water damage to their house.  Some lessons in life are expensive. :dude:

Threat of divistation and scare tactics, come on now guys.:( I am a certified jet mechanic and ASE auto cert.  I back flushed the screen, it's fine. Te plastic was not damaged, I used CLR to desolve the built up rust and it works great, thanks for your concern.

From now on please no more cying wolf, just the facts.;)

Thanks

No one was threatening anything.  I was merely relating a real-life service call story for the benefit of others reading this.  If you took it as a scare tactic, perhaps that's your own insecurities coming out.  Good luck with that "repair." 

P.S.  I worked as an avionics technician at Delta Airlines when I first got out of the Navy.  What a bunch of jack-leg hacks!  Present company exempted, of course.  ;)

For anyone interested in learning more about water inlet valves and the problems that improper maintenance on them can cause, come read this page.