Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
wings515

Kenmore 417.42042100 Bearing

6 posts in this topic

The bearings I am referring to are the ones on the tub shaft. I have replaced these bearings 3 years ago and they are making noise again. The first replacements I purchased from VBX as part numbers 6306-2RS and 6307-2RS. I got the Chrome steel units thinking they would be similar to the OEM. I also replace the bearing seals at the same time. Looking at the VBX web site shows they also make a Stainless Steel version at 4 times the price. Does anyone know of a better bearing at a price less than $45 a piece?

I am concerned that if I buy the $45 bearing, I'll still have a similar problem 3 years from now.

Thanks,

Wings515

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Perhaps the sealing surface on the rear of the spinner basket is comprimised

Good point. I guess when the bearings really go and I have to take everything apart I'll check that out. Is there a seal or gasket at that point. I don't recall one but that was three years ago when I did the first replacement. Would this 'seal' be shown on the exploded diagram?

Thanks,

wings515

No - it's the bronxe portion that is machined into the back of the basket spider. Moving seals cut a groove into the surface, and usually get replaced

Check here:

01138081.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Does that mean I have to replace the spider if it is scored?

Yes, but to the best of my knowledge, it is only available as a basket ass'y