Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jgrant711

Maytag Neptune MDG4000BWW Gas Dryer

6 posts in this topic

This one's confusing. The drum spins, no heat. Press the start button with the front cover off and the igniter doesn't glow. The solenoids click, gas appears to start for only a split-second, then appears to close due to no flame.

I've confirmed continuity and voltage with multimeter at the igniter, coils, hi-limit thermostat, radiant sensor, cycling thermostat, ulta-care thermostat, temp switch, option switch, timer, timer motor, cycle signal and electronic dry control.

I used a jumper at the thermostats, the radiant sensor, temp switch and timer motor using the wiring diagram taped to the back of the unit too without success.

What the heck am I missing? Thanks!

Joe

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

.. the igniter doesn't glow.

doesn't glow ?

Correct. The igniter does not glow. It's new too (I replaced before testing, thinking it was bad).

Something's not making sense in what you're reporting. You say you have 120vac at the ignitor but the ignitor doesn't glow. That's a bad ignitor... unless you made an error somewhere and weren't really measuring 120vac at the ignitor when you thought you were. Double check that for us, budrow.

OK, thanks. The voltage reads about 18.2. Meter set to voltage-200. It is not registering 125 like the blue and black wires on the temp switch.

something's not wired correctly....

from16023110.jpg