Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
eraser

Bosch SHX56B02UC Dishwasher

4 posts in this topic

Loaded washer and pressed the power button and the display started flashing a "0" and the symbol under sanitized, the "power scrub plus" button is flashing also. Just a steady blink at about 1 sec. intervals. If I hold the two "Cancel & Drain" buttons down while also pressing the power on button a 21 shows up on the display. I am not sure which way to go next.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Try killing power for 15 minutes or so. The control mighta gotten its little silicon brains scrambled by a power spike.

If that don't git it fer ya, try this key dance:

With the dishwasher off (in standby), press and hold Regular Wash + Quick Wash while turning the power button on. This should initiate a self test and show a fault code if there's one stored in memory.

If you can't get into self test mode, then you need a new control board.

I get a "21" in the display, but I can't find what that means.

from the Bosch Service Manual:

DISHWASHER TEST PROGRAM ERROR CODES (on 2-digit digital displays):

0 – No faults

1 – Aqua Sensor (Sensotronic) fault

2 – Heating system fault (heater, Hi-Limit, flow switch, NTC, control module heater relay)

4 – Water filling fault

8 – NTC (temperature sensor) fault

16 – Water switch fault

Fault codes add up for multiple faults

(e.g. heating + water filling fault = 2 + 4 = 6)

I'm not a Bosch master, but it looks like 21 would be 16+4+1

Is there enough water in the Dishwasher ?