Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
appliance248

Kitchenaid gas range KGSS907SSS

17 posts in this topic

wont heat past 200 deg what would cause this what should I check on this. thank you

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Does the Broil (temperature) work OK ?

Any Error Codes ?

Tech Sheet - W10112145.pdf

link PM'd

Ave you verified that the burner is actually firing up, not just the ignitor glowing orange?

DSI :whistling:

Ah, didn't check that before answering.

Swen, I've got boocoo posts on the many problems with this finicky ignition system... http://fixitnow.com/?s=Whirlpool+dsi

also, has the Bake & Broil worked OK up till now at this location ?

Any recent House electrical wiring changes ?

no broil no bake only the electric element works gas and electric I hear a clonk clonk poping sound from valve behind the warming draw and voltage when its clicking comes and goes spark ignitor checked one fuse behing where the cntrl and relay board is and found on the left side the fuse is open that has grey wire and black wire attached to it and and the rt side jumped it out still nothing no error codes need help with this you mentioned dsi is it a bad valve how do i rule this out. where is the dsi. thank you

:kopkrab:

DSI module is part of the "appliance manager" board located handily sndwiched between oven and cooktop - NOT easy to access - pull out the drawer and check the valve, it is a dual valve (bake coil/broil coil) with 3 wires - ohm out the coils in the valve top-centre is one and bottom-centre is the other. If either of the coils fails, the valve will not function.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Burner-or-Control-Component/1182155

01024982.jpg

What kind of sealent do I use on the gas valve fittings to keep the gas from leaking?

I believe they are flared fittings and do not require sealant

whats the part number for the dsi module is it also called an electronic cntrl board?

When you take off the knobs and remove the display panels trim there is 2 thermostat screwed in to frame just under buners behind front display panel the one on left side reads open other on rt side reads closed.one on the rt is a fuse? and theomne on the left is a thermostat?

Edited by swenson

One is a fuse, the other is a n/o disc that controls cooling fan

:dontknowaboutyou: Good thing Reg is on the ball here - I'll go back to sleep ............ :snore: