Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Timboroni

Frigidaire Freezer (Model #FFU17FC4AW2)

3 posts in this topic

I have a Frigidaire Freezer (Model #FFU17FC4AW2) that is not working properly.

Back in February 2009 I replaced the controller on the freezer, with the assistance of the gurus on this site. Well, here we are a little over two years later and my freezer is acting up again. Last week we had a "thaw", so I checked out the defrost timer and advanced it to the "off" position. A little while later I checked it out and it was blowing cold air. We waited a few days and everything seemed fine, so we started putting food back, in between patting me on the back ( :no: ). Yesterday my wife noticed that things were mushy again and I was no longer a genius ( :( ). The timer appeared to be moving, but I noticed that the compressor was very hot. I unplugged the unit, then I pulled off the controller that I had replaced two years ago and noticed that it was "rattling" again. (As per the posting two years ago, that meant it needed replacing.)

Before I go out and replace the controller again, I was wondering if the "stuck" timer, which I had "un-stuck", would have caused this, or does the hot compressor point to something else.

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Okey doke - I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again! :thanks:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0