Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
GrantJohnson73

Leaky dishwashermodel MDBTT59AWW

2 posts in this topic

Hey Samurai,

I have fixed the leak on my dishwasher a few times now. Once, a new gasket/main seal seemed to do the trick, and another time someone stepped on the door of the unit while it was open and caused the unit it to twist which defeated the main seals along the sides of the unit.

Anyway, I did two loads yesterday and now the third is leaking very badly. I'm not sure what happened. I usually do one load a day. I'm afraid that I always have a leak and something got saturated and only started dripping to the floor after the second load. I think the main gasket looks good but I'd appreciate a nice picture of a correctly installed gasket for my unit.

I've done some basic leveling, and the latch seems pretty snug.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Grant

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I don't have a purdy pitcher of a correclty installed gasket but if you post some pics of yours, we can probably tell you whether or not it's installed correctumly. Use a free online image hosting service to upload some pics, close n clear, then post the links here so we get some squinties on 'em.