Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ardenavante

Dryer issue: Igniter fires, gas sprays. But, NO IGNITION?!

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a bizarre issue, I needed to lay to rest. I have a dryer in which the igniter glows bright amber, the coil clicks and DOES release gas, because when you open the dryer door you smell the distinct smell of gas in the dryer tub. Now, sometimes it does light, but most of the time it doesn't. I already changed the igniter because it seemed to be slightly dull. I also swapped out the dryer coil in the unit as well. Any ideas? I will throw down beer money RIGHT NOW, to get this resolved.

-Arden

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

model number ?

so.. you've changed the Ignitor and the Coils ?

Has this Dryer worked OK up till now,

or has it been in storage for any length of time ?

Thx for the fast reply Reg, its a Cissell commercial, its a older model with valve access on top of the dryer portal, where there is a access panel. I can get the model # if need be, but yes I replaced the igniter and swapped the coils with another working unit. Its been working till just recently, there were two that were initially inoperable, I fixed the other one by changing the radiant sensor, I changed this one as well, but the fix doesn't work on this one. What do you think about the gas smell in the dryer drum and the igniter glowing bright amber?

model number may help ..

The Ignitor glows until it reaches temperature, then the Radiant Flame Sensor opens, which lets the Gas Valve Coils work.

The Gas Valve may be bad and not opening enough... OR the Ignitor isn't in the correct position...

gasvalve2aa.jpg

pagefrom16023086.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0