Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
traciv

How do I remove a built-in oven?

2 posts in this topic

We have a built-in oven which is pretty old and we'd like to remove it and put in a new one.  The new one is not a built-in.  I need to know HOW TO REMOVE THE BUILT-IN OVEN.  I don't see any screws or anything that would help me figure out what to do.  It just looks like it's glued/stuck in place.  Please HELP!!!!  THANKS!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=418]traciv[/user] wrote:

It just looks like it's glued/stuck in place.

Might be. I've seen wall ovens that were help in nby nothing more that chaulk. Not sure that was a completely kosher installation, but it worked.

Look carefully along the outer perimeter for wood screws. On some Whirlpool and Kitchenaid wall ovens, the mounting screws are hidden behind a trim piece.

You can also try experimentally prying with a stiff putty knife and judge where you're getting resistance-- that might clue you in to a screw location.