Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
philsoc

Whirlpool GEW9868KQ4 - control panel no lights

3 posts in this topic

I'm having problems with my Whirlpool Dryer (GEW9868KQ4)

Yesterday, it stopped running, and was giving a constant sequence of two beeps, one high one low, if I recall correctly.

None of the buttons worked, so I unplugged the machine, hoping it would reset. However, when I plugged it back in now nothing on the control panel lights up. The light still works inside the dryer, but no signs of life on the panel.

I have the user manual and the parts guide - but can't seem to find a current link for a pdf of the tech sheets (part # 8541836) , or any advice online regarding this specific problem.

I saw some links to tech sheets for this model, but those links seem to be dead. And even if I did get the pdf's I'm not exactly sure where to start.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated (by my wife most of all!)

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

First stop is the thermal fuse. Remove the bottom panel in front of the dryer and you'll see it on the blower housing. It's the white one. You can test it with your ohm meter like this...

If it's bad, come git you one...  http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/2986?modelNumber=GEW9868KQ4

00882790.jpg
Click it to git it.

... now nothing on the control panel lights up

check for 120v AC on the Controller between

P1 pin 5 Black

to

P1 pin 2 White