Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
nokaoi

Admiral Frig NT17D4VA freezer fan not operating

3 posts in this topic

I have a Admiral NT17D4VA refigerator that was in a rental house of mine for 8 years. The latest tenets informed me that the frig had not been cooling properly for a while and now did not cool at all. I picked up the frig and brought it back to my house. After extensive cleaning of the condensor coils and sucking out a ton of dust, dog hair, etc. I plugged the frig in. The compresssor and condensor fan came on, but when I opened the freezer I noticed the the freezer fan was not running. I have tried to figure out how to gain access to the fan to pull it, check for voltage and bench test, however, there does not seem to be a way to gain access even though I know that there has to be a way. What is the procedure to gain access to the freezer fan on this model? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm crossing my fingers that the fan is the problem and not a weak compressor or some other terminal illness.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Couldn't find anything with that model number; it's either too old or it's the wrong number.  No matter...

To take apart the freezer, you have to remove the doors and door hinges.  The freezer bottom panel can then be lifted up and you have access to fan. 

admref8.jpg?dc=4675425985522932942

You should check the continuity of the fan motor as well as verify the voltage going to the motor.  You may also find the fan blade stuck by ice.

And one other word of warning....keep some of your blood handy at the local hospital, that evaporator has razor blades on it:yikes:. Seriously.