Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
DKSTSM

Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1 dishwasher DU1055XTSS

9 posts in this topic

Dishwasher was in cleaning cycle, made whirring/buzzing sound, wife turned off. Now fills with water, heats, and control panel clicks when cycle should begin, but no cleaning cycle. Disassembled down to motor/pump assembly ( did not remove it ) and found nothing obvious. Please advise.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Did you remove the cover from the wash impeller housing and get a look at the mascerator? Sounds like yours mights sheared off. If that's the case, you'll need to replace the motor-pump assembly...
01093266.jpg
Click image to purchase.

Easy job. This video shows you how to do it.

I'll try. Thanks

Well, it turns out that a small (about 2cm) metal pin was wedged in such a way as to prevent the chopper from rotating. I discovered this after removing the inlet protector.

I don't know where this pin originated from; probably from something that was put in the dishwasher to be cleaned. I hope its not from the dishwasher itself. Anyway, the dishwasher seems to be running OK. Thanks for the help.

The metal pin could be half of a rivet from a pot handle, I've found those in the same place.

Could be a tongue stud, too. I've found those stuck in dishwasher impellers.

Could be a tongue stud, too.

... or other :urinate:

(sometimes may need washing)

After showing the pin to my wife, she identified it as a hinge pin from a water bottle lid. How 'bout that? Glad its not a $150 motor/pump assembly.

... she identified it as a hinge pin from a water bottle lid

:whistling: