Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
hagermama

Kenmore 70 Series Model 110.20722990 Serial # CK2634528

6 posts in this topic

Ok, I have a Kenmore 70 Series Washer. Model # 110.20722990 Serial # CK 2634528. It has been running like a dream lately. I tossed a load in, and during the first spin cycle, it started making this nasty metal on metal grinding noise. When i opened it up and pushed down the lid closed button thing, I noticed that it was not spinning at all, i fast forwarded it to the rinse cycle, and it filled up fine, but right after that, when it is supposed to agitate, it started making the nasty noise again, and the agitator wasnt moving. i moved the dial to where it drains, had to listen to the grinding the whole time while it was draining, so that my clothes werent standing in water til i get this fixed. I am hoping that someone can walk me through how to figure out what is wrong with it, so that i can fix this myself, as it seems everything i own is going into break down mode this week. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much for your help in advance :)

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

you may have gotten lucky and just your coupler broke however it's usually a clicking clacking noise rather than

metal on metal sound. Never the less follow this link. At the bottom of the page is a video that will

show you how to tear the machine down to inspect the coupler and other components.

coupler link

... metal on metal grinding noise.

post video on YouTube ?

dont know if this is going to work.. but here goes....

Yep, your couplers broken

Your replacement coupler:

01029882.jpg

Click image to purchase.

And how to install it: