Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
brianshunny69

washer is off cycle

7 posts in this topic

We just moved and of course the handy washer and dryer came with. Somewhere between houses something happened. When I start a load of wash the water does not fill to the fill level. If I advance the dial it will start washing but then on the rinse does the same thing. What has happened?????? I have a Whirlpool Model # LDA4000W2. I believe it fairly old, but it was free and it works great til now.

Thanks for any help

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello, my off-cycle friend. I would begin investigating at the pressure switch and its associated air tube; perhaps the air tube came off the pressure dome on the tub during transit.

I am not familiar with the pressure switch. Can you give me a idea where I can locate it. Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!

The water level switch is what Moostafa is talking about.

It's located in the control panel. This page shows you how to access it.

I want to thank everyone for their help. I have searched and finally have found the problem. I guess my drain hose was not high enough. If I hold the hose higher the water seems to flow out better and the washer cycles through just fine. She's an oldy but a goody and I was not ready to give her away! At least not for a while. Thanks again!