Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Billias

Samsung SR-S22 FTC - Flashing Temperature on Fridge or Refridge, or BOTH

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an Samsung Side by Side model the SR-S22FTC (it is writen on the door).

This summer it started some problems by Flashing the Refridgerator Temperature side, we power cycled the fridge, and started working. After a few times this happen, we let it and it was going back to normal.

AFTE 4-5 times, the Fridge Temperature Flashed. the same we let it for some hours 1-2 and it went back to normal. No Errors (using the 12Seconds).

A day we god a small error about the C-Fan (less than 650 rpm) but only once. After a few days the weather outside went from 30Degrees (86F) to 24C - 26C (74F- 78F) Problems Stopped.

TODAY after a week of normal working we went to a new problem. BOTH Fridge and Refridge Temperature started flashing, after 3 hours we power cycled it and it stopped. (No Errors again)

Any suggestion?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Anyone that can give a first thought about it?

I am ready to remove everything and start testing the sensors etc.

Re-check that model number for me, budrow. Gettin' buttkiss widat one.

aahhh... an overseas model ...

Guys,

The model is correct. It is in Europe. And The problem was the Defrost of the Fridge

Due to high cost i installed an silicone defroster instead of the metal one. And now after a year i have instable temperatures (when the summer came again)

I am Need a part for my fridge because of that issue (i should remove the defrost unit and install a new one)

Any good place for samsung parts? or advice

Hello,

I have changed the official Defrost unit. Using the method everybody uses. Today after 2 weeks of normal operation. The fridge started again the crazy things.

After a power failure, the refridgerator is on 18degrees (64F) instead of 37.4F And it is not dropping.

I suspect again Ice over the Evaporator (not inside but over it!

The defrost unit is heating!

The Fan is working (no errors for low speed etc)

Any suggestions? Maybe the Defrost sensor needs new placement? Any testing i can do? the model is similar to S-RS21 series