Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Hemikiller

GE Washer clothes still soaked after spin cycle

5 posts in this topic

Model: WVSR1060DWW

After  completing the spin cycle, the clothes in our washer are still sopping wet. This is a sporadic problem. For a couple loads, it will be fine. Next couple I will have to spin them once or twice to get  most of the water out.

Washer seems to have no problem emptying itself between cycles, so I'm somewhat stumped as to what the problem may be.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

After checking to make sure the belt is not worn or slipping I would be wondering if the tranny is going bad?  Known problems with these transmissions. Tranny has a 5 year warranty.;)

Hey,

I would also check your lid switch to see if you don't have a bad connection.

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

After checking to make sure the belt is not worn or slipping I would be wondering if the tranny is going bad? Known problems with these transmissions. Tranny has a 5 year warranty.;)

Well, I finally sat there and watched the washer run. Lid switch is ok. It drains the water, then spins the drum with a clunk-clunk-clunk that increases in speed with the drum, then goes away as it hits its highest rpms. Thinking something in the tranny? Any idea of the cost of that? We are not the original owner, it was in the house when we bought it in August 2004, so warranty is no good.

Barring a trans, what is a good, heavy use washer. We do 8 loads a week at least, mostly towels and jeans. An Energy Star unit would be nice, my electric company is offering a $50 rebate on E-S rated washers...

...told the fiancee' not to load the thing to death, "super capacity" or not.....

Call a GE auth servicer in your area with the model and serial numbers to see if it is under warranty or not.  If it is see what the labor would be, if not run, do not walk, replace the washer and do not buy another GE anything....;)