Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
philgoelz

Samsung DV337AEG Repair

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have a Samsung DV337AEG/XAA dryer. It stopped heating today. Everything else works and I have no error codes on the front panel. I didn't see the repair manual for this on the forum but could sure use it if anyone has a copy. I've looked at the parts list and see that there's a thermostat, a thermistor and of course the heating element. According to my research, if the thermistor went out, there should have been an error code displayed. Since it's in series with the heating element, I would expect the same code of the heating element went out so my current suspect is the thermostat. Any clues out there?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Phil

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

On the rear/back of the dryer---there's a TECH SHEET in a plastic pouch.

On the sheet---you'll find the test values for various components.

THERMISTORS can fail and still not trigger an error display. Check the OHMS value (at room temperature) with a test meter.

Edited by john63

Also, the thermistor is not in series with the heat element, the thermostat is.

the thermistor detects temp changes in the dryer by changes in resistance, which are interpreted by the control determining when to turn the heat on and off...

Samsung dryer THERMISTORS---due it's design---are prone to failing in *high salt-air environments* Cape Cod, MA :)

My wife was in the air force & lived in Falmouth for a number of years. Beautiful place.

The THERMISTOR has a *coating* on it that becomes scratched/chipped over time by tiny particles in the blower housing. The salty air then corrodes the THERMISTOR (no heat at all).

Great info, John. Domo! thumbsup.gif

PCG, here's the thermistor part link, if needed ==> Thermistor

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man

I don't want to imply that the THERMISTOR is indeed the fault.

Just an FYI on THERMISTORS.

The 2nd most common cause of NO HEAT on Samsung electric dryers---would be the HEATING ELEMENT. Especially if the dryer is used fairly often (8 loads per week or more) or if the vent system is longer than 8 feet and has 2 or more 90 degree turns/elbows.

I don't want to imply that the THERMISTOR is indeed the fault.

I should have said "if needed" in my post. Edited.