Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Learning2

Kenmore (Frigidaire) upright freezer 253 9280213

2 posts in this topic

1. Found ice forming on floor of freezer so I cleaned the drain line. Hope that solves it. Thinking of leaving the condensate cap off the drain tube as seems like this could be problematic. But it must serve some purpose. Should I just clean it and re-install? Or leave off?

2. Since I have the freezer away from the wall I thought I would clean the condenser coils but lo and behold - I guess they are sandwiched between the back of the box and the back of the (inside of the freezer itself). Thus no way to clean. Am I missing something or is this just sealed up to keep me away?

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

don't worry about the Condenser Coils ...