Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
dkliman

Ruud UAPC-030JAZ Achiever Compressor unit

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Today I realized that my RUUD HVAC unit wasn't cooling. The blower was working fine, but the compressor was off. I went outside, and I pressed the reset button, and the compressor started to spin, but the fan did not. I tapped the fan motor and could tell that it was humming, so i gave it a nudge (it easily turned) and it came up to speed and spun normally.

I then turned everything off, and back on, waited for the reset timer to run out, and when the unit came back on, once again, the fan would not spin up without that nudge.

so what's wrong with my fan?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The Fan bearings may be bad ..

OR the Fan Capacitor may be bad.

With power removed, try turning the Fan Motor Shaft.

Does it turn easily, smoothly ?

Took a good look at the cap. It could be swollen and failed.

Edited by applianceman18007260692

Outdoor condensing fan motor has stopped running. This problem could be caused by a bad motor run capacitor. If your motor capacitor is not the problem, then more than likely you need a new motor. Is the fan blade tight, stiff or hard to turn? If the fan blade is hard to turn then you probably need a new motor

post-30745-0-19708800-1311517524_thumb.j

Edited by Bobice

Even if the motor turns freely , it could still be bad. I have seen that many times. A push start fan condition is often a motor problem.