Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
mkalb

Whirlpool Ultimate Care Heavy Duty - Super Capacity Plus Washer LSR8233EQ0

10 posts in this topic

My washing machine is a previously owned appliance, probably around 4-5 years old. It has had problems not filling completely in the past, but though that's been fixed it is now not spinning during the wash cycle. I have no idea how to even begin working at this, so instead of breaking things trying to do it without help, I'm just coming straight for help. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

looks like c. 1997

Does the Motor run OR hum during Agitate ?

Does it Spin OK ?

Check/replace the lid switch ==> Lid Switch Assembly

Okay, so do it do or do it don't agimutate?

.. not spinning during the wash cycle.

... during the Spin Cycle ?

and / or

during the Wash Cycle ?

Does the Motor "hum" or make any noise during these different cycles ?

It has a derpy looking agimutate lol. And it hums during both spin and wash cycles. It actually hums when water fills and drains too.

Sounds like maybe what you're describing isn't what we would consider a hum but more likely the motor running without any load on it.

If it is draining and you hear a hum but the basket never spins and you hear that same noise that you're calling a hum when it should be agitating after it fills with water but the agitator doesn't move then you have a broken drive coupler.

How do you fix a broken drive coupler or where can we find how to fix it? Is it even worth fixing or should I just look to get a new washer in regards to cost of the part(s) and labor?

Here at Appliantology.Org, we do all the legwork for you - just click on the Partlink to order up the part and sit back and enjoy the enclosed help video - you get the easy task, which is to put the part in - We could charge more for that, but we don't ....................

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Coupling/285753A/1195967

01029882.jpg