Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
medrison

Maytag Neptun MDG3000AWW

5 posts in this topic

My dryer is blowing only cold air, so I opened the front cover and did some testing and measurements. When I turn the machine on, it rolls and the igniter gets really bright but no flame or fire on the burner, and then after a few seconds the igniter turns OFF. I removed both solenoids and they measure - the big one 650 ohms and the small one 1.3 kohms - kind of OK. I measure the voltage at the solenoids plugs. After I turn ON the machine, the big solenoid gets 120V untill the igniter turns OFF when the small solenoid gets 120V. I installed them back and checked the sensors. Both measure 0 ohms conductivity. Still the burned does not start. I checked the panel settings, the outside gas valve, all OK.

What else can be wrong?

Thank you,

Mike

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Ohhh...really....then that's the problem...cause it does not measure anything in between the side pins and the middle one...just between the sides pins.

Now I looked online to buy a new one, and found some that the seller does not list as compatible for my dryer although it looks the same. Are they all the same or do they have different resistance value so I should look only for the ones for my specific dryer?

Thank you,

Mike

Whirlpool part number 289374, the identical part used on many other brands.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0