Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.

Anode Rod for Rheem 81V80D and GE Profile PG40T9A

3 posts in this topic

I see that anode rods come in several different materials. When selecting a rod, do you buy one specific for your brand and model number or are they somewhat generic? One reason I'm asking is because I just watched a video on YouTube and the plumber actually cut the new rod so that it would be the same lenght as the one he was replacing.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The material of the rods is dependant on what your water contains - their sole purpose in life is to erode away - best bet is to call a local plumbing shop and see what kind of anodes are used in your area

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now