Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
buster262

Kenmore HE2 Plus, mod# 110.47511701. Won't agitate or spin

8 posts in this topic

Front load Kenmore/Whirlpool HE2 Plus. Won't agitate or spin. Drum will rotate 1 or 2 revolutions then stops. Won't spin at all. Consistent F25 error code. Checked all connections. Suspect the MUC. I live in Belize, Central America so don't want to start randomly buying, shipping and replacing parts.

If it's a bad MUC would the motor still turn the drum a few revolutions?

Did Ohm check on motor harness. 3 pins read 5.6 Ohmsis that a problem? should they be reading 6?

Everything else works but motor doesn't turn drum.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Your motor measurements are OK - assuming you are measuring pins 1 to 2 - 2 to 3 and 1 to 3

Measure pins 4 to 5 and look for 115 - 120 ohms that will be the tach coil from motor. If that's OK check the harness wires from there to motor control.

Listening to my Furnace cycle, I too, wish I was in Belize

Thanks for the reply. I get nothing when I check pins 4 & 5, no Ohms/continuity. Is the tach coil a replaceable and/or repairable part? What causes the tach coil to malfunction?

And it's very comfortable here about 84 with a good breeze off the ocean.

When checking the tacho coil in the motor make sure you have your meter on a high enough ohms setting to read. You need at least one step up on the range on your meter than what you used to test the motor phase windings.

Phase windings you are looking for 6 ohms, the tacho coil is going to be 115 - 120 ohms so if you had you meter on a continuity check that usually only reads up to around 45 - 60 ohms, need to step up to a 200 ohm or higher setting or auto range on your meter.

I double checked the Tach coil to make sure. And reads no Ohms, no continuity. Not sure how or what it will take to get the right motor in Belize. Is there a Maytag washer that uses this same motor? Will it work in my washer? There is a Maytag repair shop here.

Motor

Maytag / Whirlpool W10140581

may be used in models:

WFW8400T series

WFW8500T series

Another way to test the coil is to connect meter to coil (motor disconnected) and look for dc voltage while spinning the motor