Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
tompowers535

Kitchenaid Dishwasher Model KUDS03FTSS start button blinks

5 posts in this topic

The start button blinks and the dishwasher will not run. I tried to reset it by pressing sani/rinse then heat/dry twice but the start button still blinks. I tested the door switch and I had continuity when I closed the switch. It seems like the latch is making contact with the switch. Is there something else I can try ?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Try slightly bending the door strike down a little. may not be hitting the switches just right

when the door closes.

Thank you, I did try that and it does seem to make contact. I don't know what else to try from here. I did try resetting the light by pressing "sani/rinse" the "heat/dry" twice and that didn't work either. I also tried killing the poawer for 30 seconds but it still just blinks. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Is it "Blinking Slowly" or "Flashing Rapidly?"

PROBLEM: Won’t Run and LED for Start/Resume Key is Blinking Slowly

Door switch not making contact:
1. Faulty or sloppy door latch assembly (which can be aggravated by high door closure force).
2. Faulty door switch (high resistance).
3. Faulty control does not detect door closed.

PROBLEM: Won’t Run and LED Above Key(s) is Flashing Rapidly

Short circuit(s) in keypad or in control’s input lines that read the keys (ribbon).

Also check that the control lock hasn't inadvertently been engaged. Try unlocking it by holding the lock key ~3 seconds. I have found that the unit will sometimes lock without the lock LED illuminating....

Edited by Chat_in_FL

Thanks, I will try those