Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
skenig

Magic Chef CGR3740ADH stove convert to natural gas locate orifice hoods

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need to convert a Magic Chef (Maytag) CGR3740ADH gas stove from LP to natural gas. The manual I have mention

1. to change the pressure regulator settings. It is easy to locate at the back of the stove and the conversion is no problem.

2. to "screw the burner orifice hoods away from the pins, approximately 1 1/2 to 2 turns".

3. to adjust the burner air shutter to the widest opening.

1 and 3 are no problem but 2 is.

I think I might be able to "screw the burner orifice hoods away from the pins, approximately 1 1/2 to 2 turns" if I knew where these "burner orifice hoods" are located. The manual does not give any hint about actual location.

The stove has sealed top burners, that I could remove with a boa wrench. I think the top "orifice hoods" maybe under the top burners, but I want to make sure before I start taking the stove apart.

I understand there is one "orifice hood" per top burner, plus one for the broiler and one for the oven burner.

Thanks!

PS: Just out of curiosity, what would happen if the regulator is set for natural gas, the stove is connected to natural gas, and the "orifice hoods" are tight against the pins? a low flame? no flame at all?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

from16010161.jpg

Thanks, RegUS, but that does not say where the orifice hoods are located, which is what I am trying to find.

on each Burner .. that's where the Gas comes out

Oven Orifice shown:

from16010161a.jpg

The stove burner orifice hoods are located underneath the sealed burners. Behold:

20111005-t9xxe71aqbx1k5aq346bn8kq2h.png

You can get a closer look at them here ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=CGR3740ADH

Many thanks! Once I located the orifice hoods, it was easy to untighten them , and now I have a beautiful big blue flame!

I bow to your knowledge, wise Fermented Grand Master.

Blue Flame = Green future