Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Erroneous

Whirlpool Duet Sports HT front loading washer drum doesn't spin WFW8400TW

3 posts in this topic

One day, an hour before I had to go to work, I had a load of uniforms in the washer. What do you know the door is locked and won't respond to pressing cancel and no error code. I get the door unlocked by removing the toe kick panel blah blah. Clothes are sopping wet, but no leftover water in the washer, like it didn't do a spin cycle.

Then I try to start another load. Now it locks the door, starts the cycle, but the drum doesn't move and I think I hear a low pitch buzz. Goes through the cycle, but stops at rinse/spin and still no error code. I try a self diagnostic, get errors 26 and 24. I think the 24 might've come from a while back when our water heater went out. When I continue into the test, the lights flash, go off, and nothing happens.

Today I take off the back panel and look at the motor assembly. I can turn it manually. I take out the MCU and don't see any burn marks as described in http://fixitnow.com/wp/2011/09/28/whirlpool-duet-sport-washer-powers-up-locks-door-but-drum-doesnt-tumble-or-spin-f21-f26/ so I'm wondering if I should look into the door latch assembly or the motor.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

F24 WATER TEMPERATURE SENSOR ERROR
If the water temperature sensor (NTC) value is out of range (23°F to 217°F [-5°C to 103°C])
during the water-heating step of the WASH cycle.
NOTE: To find correct Ohm reading refer to the Water Temperature Sensor section, page 10.
Possible Causes/Procedure
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check the water temperature sensor and connection to it.
3. Check resistance of heating element, if present on this model. (abnormal = infinity)
4. Refer to the Water Temperature Sensor section, page 10.

Water Temperature Sensor
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Disconnect the wire harness from the water temperature sensor
and measure the resistance of the sensor.
Use the following table. An abnormal condition is an open circuit.
Temperature Results
32°F (0°C) 35.9kΩ
86°F (30°C) 9.7kΩ
104°F (40°C) 6.6kΩ
122°F (50°C) 4.6kΩ
140°F (60°C) 3.2kΩ
158°F (71°C) 2.3kΩ
203°F (96°C) 1kΩ

F26 DOOR SWITCH ERROR
If the door has not been opened for 3 consecutive cycles
or the door switch is open while the door is locked for more than 5 seconds.

Possible Causes/Procedure
■ Door not opened during 3 consecutive cycles.
1. Open and close the door.
2. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.
■ Door switch open while door is locked.
1. Push the door and check if it is completely closed.
2. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1399594

00680830.jpg

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1515091

00780082.jpg

Yes, that is about what my manual says. Like I said though, I think the water sensor error was from a while ago (haven't had the error since) and AFAIK was fixed when I got my water heater fixed (the washer would've been getting cold water in the hot water).

I'm thinking the F 26 error is more of a symptom than a cause. I didn't open the door 3+ times because I was having trouble getting the test to work (seems to just stop/do nothing after all the lights on the panel went out).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0