Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thee Ox

Ceiling Fan wont work

8 posts in this topic

Hi all.

Sorry to post here, but I'm desperate and again sorry.

I have a Westinghouse ceiling fan, three speeds, three years old, and the third speed wont work. All other speeds work. I can hear the power going to the unit when it is in 3rd speed, but the blades wont spin.

Is there anyway to fix this thing?

Thanks in advance for all your time and trouble. I appreciate it!

Yer Pal,

Thee

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

model number may help

Hi....please..can anyone help me here?

Thanks,

Thee

model number may help

model number may help

Usually those things work like this - 3 speeds, first pull of the chain gets you High speed, next pull gets Medium and third gets you Low - so I am assuming when you say "when in 3rd speed, blades won't turn" - You are saying the motor doesn't run on low speed - in this case it would indicate binding in motor bearings - pretty sure a ceiling fan costs less that the Motor thereof (if it's available)

or a bad Switch ...

I can hear the power going to the unit when it is in 3rd speed, but the blades wont spin.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0