Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dekostop

GE ZDIS150WSSB Driving me to drinking

5 posts in this topic

Initial complaint : No ice production.

Initial findings: After machine is turned on it produces 1 nice slab of ice. Subsequent slabs are wafer thin.

Things tried: Unplugged evaporator thermistor. With that the unit produces for 12 min and goes into harvest for 4 min. Per techsheet the unit is supposed to produce for 25 min and go into harvest for 4 min with disconnected thermistor.

Replaced evaporator thermistor, reservoir sensor and mainboard.

With those parts replaced unit produces 1 nice slab of ice then fills and drains constantly without going into production mode.

Unplugged evaporator thermistor then unit constantly repeats harvest cycle without going into production mode.

Waiting for help with a bottle of rum in my hand.

Thanks

Tim

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Did you check the condenser fan? It seems to me like the condenser is getting too hot.

GE ZDIS150WSSB made by Whirlpool / Kitchenaid :whistling:

similar to KUIS15

KAR-14 JOB AID 4317339 KUIS.pdf

link PM'd

Condenser fan motor runs fine.....

thanks for the manual REG... :thanks:

...the link for the manual you sent me is for an older model....i agree that it is similar to the appliance i am working on, but this one is a newer model and has electronic water valve , waterlevel sensor in reservoir and so on. if you have the manual for the newer model i would greatly appreciate the link for it.

similar to Whirlpool / Kenmore KUIA15NRHS11 (buy Whirlpool replacement parts) :whistling:

KAR-19 JOB AID 4317408 IceMaker.pdf

link PM'd

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0