Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CG3

Leaking Whirlpool - LSQ8543JQ0

7 posts in this topic

This is me at the end of my rope. My Whirlpool Ultimate Care II is driving me crazy. I noticed a leak two weeks ago and when I ran it with the cover off I saw the water coming from above the drive. It would pool on the drive and shake off on a spin cycle. I thought this had to be the centerpost gasket, right?

I have now replaced that and cleaned all the associated surfaces but the $*#!% thing still leaks when I put it back together. A lot. Apparently from the same place. Is there anything else this could be?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is there oil spray inside the cabinet ?

Hm. Hard to say. The water that leaks is pretty dirty. There is some spatter residue around the lower inside of the cabinet...

What would oil spray indicate if that's what it looks like? Would this mean time to buy a new washer or maybe something fixable?

Thanks again for the wisdom. I'm new at this but like the idea of picking this stuff up.

Ach. Sounds better to get a new one. Thanks a lot for the info. There's only so much that watching repair videos can tell a person.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0