Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Lumpy

Kenmore 790.95682302 oven not heating

32 posts in this topic

OK, so what you're saying is just buy a new control board?

:thanks:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

OK, so what you're saying is just buy a new control board?

Yes. Yours is FUBAR.

So do you think this board is repairable? Here are some photos:

control-board-1.jpg

control-board-2.jpg

Funny, that's the same thing the owner of this car asked....

Funny-Car-Accident-with-Nike-Ball-Pictures-300x186.jpg

Funny, that's the same thing the owner of this car asked....

Funny-Car-Accident-with-Nike-Ball-Pictures-300x186.jpg

An dramatic yet succinct analogy, Brother Durham! :smokin:

Contrary to what the other three have said, I would say that would be most likely repairable.

The blacken spot on the spot with the white spot in the middle is just soot from the burned terminal on the board that was directly above it. Just clean it up with some electric motor spray cleaner.

To repair the burnt trace around the relay leg where the original problem is, clean the end of the relay leg good using a razor knife to clean to good clean metal, clean burnt area around it good.

Then get some thin gauge copper wire, (I use armature winding wire that I have removed from other electric motors which is coated with an insulation that needs to be scrapped off), wind an end of it around whats left of the relay leg and solder on.

Run the other end of the copper wire across the board to the good solid remaining trace material on the board and solder in place.

Contrary to what the other three have said, I would say that would be most likely repairable.

All you California guys are alike when it comes to boards and circuits.. When we see fubar....you see...

t3-ag-sequence-001.gif

Edited by DurhamAppliance

Thanks to everyone for all the help! I purchased the new control board (and used the old overlay). Our range is fully functional again. :)

I thought it was interesting that the original board was made in Mexico, and the new one was made in China.

Willie, I appreciate the advice. In the end, I needed to get this done so we could use our oven for the holidays!