Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Ragy Khairy

Siemens Siwamat xb 861 not loading enough water in Coton program

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I got a Siemens Siwamat xb 861 from a friend and noticed that it takes very little water at the Coton program. Laundry looks like it is dry and the soap does not form bubbles. Whereas at the Rinse program, it fills nearly half the drum with water which means that it is not a water source problem.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ragy

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

the machine is designed to fill quite a bit more during the rinse Vs. the wash cycle.

Have you checked the clothes during the wash cycle to see if they are dry?

Thank you for the reply.

Clothes look like they barely get wet during the wash cycle, and soap does not seem to form foam. I noticed that clothes don't get perfectly clean after the wash cycle.

I am comparing to an old machine I used to have; under the same conditions, the old machine took more water, soap formed good foam, and clothes were cleaner.

I am just wondering, why this Siemens is taking this little, insufficient amount of water in the wash cycle?

you could have a partially clogged water valve.

Screens could be clogged where the hoses attach or the valve itself may not be opening all the way.

Try changing the water temp. for the cottons cycle and see if you get more water.

I tried 60 and 90 degree temperatures, did not notice a difference in the amount of water applied.

I don't think it is a valve problem, evidence is that the rinse cycle works fine. I notice that time is the issue, the period of time the valve opens to pull water during the wash cycle is very small, compared to my old washing machine and compared to the rinse cycle of the same machine. This might be related to some sensor issue that closes the valve quicly, I suppose.. I am not sure.