Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
APPLIANCE DEAN

Maytag Neptune MAH6700AWW LEAKING

5 posts in this topic

This may tag washer is pouring out water from the dispenser housing. I'm not exactly sure why but every time a front loader leaks water from the dispenser it is usually due to some type of clog. I took the dispenser off and check to see if the bellow to the tub front was clogged. I didn't find anything. Now I know the soap tray is not an issue because I took it out and the dispenser housing still filled up with water and then slowly drains into the tub. When the unit starts it's fill sequence the water enters the machine pretty slowly from what I can see through the glass bowl while the dispenser is gushing out water. Has anyone ever run into this on this particular model? I was nervous to just yank the rubber bellow from the front tub because I'm not sure if maytag decided to put a clamp on the inner side of the tub to keep the rubber hose secured. Do I really have to disassemble the tub in order to fix this clogging issue? please let me know guys.

post-50706-0-21932900-1320311060_thumb.j

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Shine a bright light under the main wash tub, then look inside and you will most likely see something, (like a small kids sock), stuck between the basket and the outer tub right where the inlet tube that you have circled in yellow enters the tub.

This appears to be the Maytag version of the Whirlpool Duet sport, I've had this exact same problem on two different Duet Sport washer and found the offending object stuck at that point and have been able to retrieve it by pulling the boot back and using a long skinny screwdriver to reach between spin basket and tub to remove object.

Thanks for the advice I will try to get it out again.

What'd you find out on this one, Dean?

Looking at the front of the machine at about 11 oclock pull the boot a little you will see it sticking out if not you will see rubber against the tub where the dispenser fill enters... It there is something there there it is obvious. I have long "roach clips" pull them out.... Thats what I call them :P