Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Marianne

GE built in wall oven model #jkp280f7bb

3 posts in this topic

Sorry - I know this isn't new but...

We have the GE doulble built in wall oven (model jkp280f7bb) - top is electronic touchpad controlled - bottom has old fashioned dial The top oven started beeping & flashing Broil Hi/Low then asking to be Started over & over...I shut off the breaker - it was OK for a day then did it again. Then up came the F7 Eb error code...we'd like to fix it ourselves - is there a schematic showing how to detach the touchpad? Do you think the power surges recently fried electronics in my oven? Or is it because I have over-used the touchpad? I'm sad...need to bake

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks Grand Master Funk - then once I remove the touchpad (if I understood the other posts correctly ) I should disconnect the ribbon connector, reapply power and let sit for 24 hrs to see if there is another error code? Am I supposed to connect the touchpad to the ERC before powering back up? (sorry - my notes weren't too clear) I do appreciate any and all help. Not to worry I have an "electrical engineer" standing by to help with the dangerous stuff...