Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
bunnspecial

GE Washing Machine WDSR2080DBWW trips breaker

6 posts in this topic

When the cycle gets to drain or spin, it trips the breaker. I've disconnected the motor plug, same thing happens. I can drain tub by connecting pump on its own plug. I've replaced the timer, same results. Checked the lid switch, its ok. I've checked for shorts in wiring but find none. Any other ideas? Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Weak, or Overloaded breaker ??

Tried a different circuit and the same thing happened. It trips when the wash cycle ends. Thanks

Attach your meter leads to the pump wires and turn the unit on in SPIN and record the voltage. If it trips without being attached to the pump your pump power supply wiring is bad.

The pump does not have a short because I can run leads directly to it and plug it in and it works fine. I am leading towards shorted wires but upon examining them, no shorts are found. The other possibility I'm considering is that the new timer is bad.