Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jfhogan

Jenn Air oldie but goodie Microwave - blt in - need disc. part!!

4 posts in this topic

I have a 1986 Model M 145 Jenn Aire Microwave. The display suddently locked on all characters brightly lit and the soft touch keypad is unresponsive. So I think the circuit board is shot. I understand this part, no. 766173 is no longer made! Problem is, this is a nice built in and I have no idea how I'd be able to replace this cost effectively. Does anyone know if the problem I have is indeed related to a bad circuit board? And if it is, where I could possibly find a replacement? I called Maytag authorized repair and they told me I should replace the oven under this microwave too! Whoa! Help!

Thanks,

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

See if one of these guys can repair it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks - that sounds like a good possibility (actually 3 possibilities).  Would you strongly caution me against removing the timer assembly myself?  One of the timer repair sites suggests I could cause a fire and should have a pro do it.  This microwave is like working on my old 68 chevy (I could stand inside the engine compartment) and it "looks" like I could easily take out the timer.  But I don't want a bunch of tiny screws falling every which way either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what he's referring to other than the capacitor that holds 2,000 volts even when unplugged.  Just be sure to unplug the microwave and discharge the capacitor before doing anything else.  If the microwave is left unplugged, there's no way it can cause a fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites