Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidenceā€¦

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amyla

Onward with the Struggle or New? '99 GE Triton GSD5134D00WW

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I've got a '99 GE Triton that came with my house, and it stopped cleaning the dishes, then stopped draining. I've finally (many months later) gotten around to trying to fix it. Drain problem is solved (removed rear filters, was nauseated, snaked what there was to snake, ran it through many cycles; any debris is long since anaerobically digested).

It still doesn't clean, though, and through quick door-opening action I see that the lower spray arm isn't spinning. Some water comes out, not enormously forcefully. The little tower in the middle goes up, but the roof of the dw's still dirty.

The gasket around the metal grate's more or less rotted, and this thing is 12 years old. Call it a day or fight on?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Oh, I dunno, looks like this thread gave me good clue:

...and the DW is now washing merrily away, thanks to manual addition of 2.5 gal hot water from the tap. Spray arms spinning away, water dripping from top. Drains fine. New water inlet valve: $45. New DW plus installation: Minimum of $325 for crapola DW, more for better. I might even spring for having a pro hook it up so's I don't risk setting my house on fire. (Circuit diagrams, I'm just fine. Real-world application: er...better get someone else.) It's also clear that the dead disposal needs...er, cleaning out. Or something. Replacing, eventually. Water backs up in that side of the sink, drains slowly.

:) I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you, Samurai!

-one happy single mom

:P even better, $21 for the part for my model.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0