Tired of guessing on service calls?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DAC

Sears model 153.320860 HT ANODE?

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

Well...thought I had a handle on this...But I guess not.

I have a rental house and in trying to be diligent, went over to inspect and/or change the anode rod in the water heater. I inspect my home one annyally. I figured if the existing one was too tight or othewise difficult to access I would add one to a spare fitting whole...simple and all is good..

Well no good deed goes unpunished!!

The water heater is

Sears model 153.320860 HT 82 gal.

Where is the anode? Is it part of one of the input or output nipples? How to tell for sure...

Also there does not appear to be any plugged holes on top of this model...This sucks!!!

Does anyone know about this model in particular? Where is the anode located? If it's part of the input or output nipple, is there a way/place to add a spare rod w/o having to break into the plumbing to replace this?? I did not install this heater and it does not have unions or other helpful parts installed..

Any help or ideas would be great...

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... Where is the anode?

... it's usually the Cold Water Dip Tube