Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whirlpool Duet Sport FL Washer Model# WFW8300SWO2

Adirondack Bob

Hi All, Whirlpool Duet Sport FL Washer Model# WFW8300SW02. F-22 error code, replaced door lock and still no spin. I did the test that Durham talked about: Disconnect M13 connector from CCU, Try to start cycle, hit the cancel button, and if it unlocks it is the MCU. It did NOT unlock.

When I do the Diagnostic test by pressing a button for 4 seconds, release for 4 seconds, etc. "88" shows in the diaplay, then the error code (F-22), then I press the button again to start the Manual test and the door locks, the Rinse/Spin light flashes and then nothing. it will not do the Manual Test. Pressing the Cancel button or the power button does nothing. I have to unplug the unit to clear it.

Each time I try to enter the Manual Diagnostic Test "88" shows and all lights flash, then the door locks, then nothing.

I also tried the other test that bypasses the Service History Test: Push Power, Select Clean Washer cycle, press Extra Rinse four times. Still the door locks then nothing. Pause/Cancel will not clear it.

Does this point to control board problem?

Thank You Very Much, Bob

Edited by Adirondack Bob

Update: F-22 Error Code. Door won't unlock. Replaced Motor Control Board, washer working again. :banana:

• Like 1

• Team Samurai

Dayyam, Bob, this one slipped by me! So solly, Chollie! Domo for posting the outcome on this one. :thumbsup::dude:

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
isthisthingon

Bob did i get this rite? The door unlocked but you still replaced MCU. i THOUGHT if door unlocked MCU would be bad but according to you it did not un lock so then MCU should have been good i am confussed and the great one confussed me even more whos the DOMO/??????

Hi gregaguilar,

I honestly don't remember all the details of this service call. This is one of those problems that I think Whirlpool doesn't even have a handle on. I remember calling Tech Line and them telling me to "replace the Main Control, if that doesn't fix it, replace the MCU, if that doesn't fix it replace the wiring harness between the two".

I do know that I had another F22 this past Fall that did the same thing: would not allow me to enter the Diagnostics and Door Lock would Lock and I had to manually reach up inside to unlock it. I replaced the MCU on that one too and it fixed it.