Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
NL Fix-it

Kitchenaid Washer (KAWE777BWHO) Motor Prob

6 posts in this topic

I have an older Kitchenaid washer that no longer pumps out the water after it washes. The agitator works, so I know the motor is a least partially functional, it just won't turn the rod that powers the pump. Pump is clear of debris, and I also found a blue 6" 12 gauge wire lying under the washer. I can not for the life of me figure our where it belongs, or if it even matters. Any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=476]NL Fix-it[/user] wrote:

it just won't turn the rod that powers the pump.

You mean the motor doesn't run at all during the spin cycle?  If yes, replace the lid switch

If no, explain.

The machine fills, agitates, then stops. Water will not drain, and it never gets to spin cycle.

[glow=aqua]Ok, in that case the solution to your problem is at the link in my previous reply. [/glow]

Great! You guys have an amazing site. I can't believe that 21 people viewed my post in under five minutes!

[user=476]NL Fix-it[/user] wrote:

I can't believe that 21 people viewed my post in under five minutes!

Oh yeah, we [glow=red]ROCKIN'![/glow]

:rocker::rockband: