Learn how to be your own tech line…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcfarmall

Whirlpool Duet gas dryer GGW9200LW1 flame won't ignite

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, been a while since I last visited. My dryer drum turns but the burner doesn't attempt to light. Usually the ignitor will glow after running a few seconds but not now.

I have zero volts at the ignitor plug at startup and forever after.

The high limit near the burner cone has continuity.

Where is the diagram stashed on or in the dryer?

What resistance readings should I get on the ignitor, flame sensor, and gas valve coils?

Are there any other components I should be checking?

Thank you.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Check the white Thermal Fuse on the Blower Housing

Ignitor should be anywhere less than 1000 OHMs

Checking the Gas Valve Coil resistance won't tell you much...

Thanks, is the white thermal fuse located on the motor side of the blower housing or somewhere else? Also, is there a schematic stashed somewhere on the dryer? I haven't extracted the machine from its cubby hole yet...the only panel I have removed is the toe kick panel.

Thermal Fuse # 59

I'm not sure where the 16 page tech sheet is located... either behind the ToeKick Panel, or maybe in the Control Panel

W0305065-00003.png

Most excellent, thanks for the diagram!! I can't wait to go home and do some more checking. I'm assuming that the item #59 is non-resettable and would need to be replaced if open. However, I could jumper it out for a test run.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0