Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dennis Faulkner

76 O'Keefe and Merritt gas wall oven - AZ12-0213-16-0605-8608

2 posts in this topic

1976 era O'Keefe and Merritt gas wall oven - repairman said it needs a new hydraulic flame switch. Most places are not showing the model # as valid, probably due to its age. As this is my stepdads, I will try to get over and double check # again.

I have looked at new replacement wall ovens - but reviews seem to indicate that they suck - the electronic ignition seems so much more problematic, as well as the circuit boards and crapola.

This oven has been so reliable I would prefer to fix it - I have been batting zero on finding the part so far. If this part is not available new, is it practical to have a different part retrofitted to fit this particular oven, or to have this switch rebuilt? It seems as if this is not rocket science, I would think a flame switch could be adapted to fit this oven, if nothing else.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0