Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
3ringcircus

Kenmore 665.15974 - Heating Element works to dry, but not wash?

8 posts in this topic

Very poor washing lately.

• water level - good during washing cycle (it should be below heating element, correct?)
  • water temp - <110 F during washing cycle, I can touch heating element w/o any ouchy and as I understand, it should be 140 F?
  • after drying cycle, dishes are hot to the touch as they should be.

At first, I though a bed heating element, but since it works for drying, am I correct in assuming it's something else like a part that controls the element? And if so, do I need to check the CCU leads or heating wiring loop for continuity?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Kenmore 665.15974

are there a few numbers missing ?

How's the Thermistor ?

... and Hi-Temp Wash is selected ?

Do you mean numbers missing in the model #? Manual is for a Kenmore elite dishwasher and lists "Models 665.15972, xxx74, xxx79, xxxx73. I'm not really sure which mine is but guessed xxx74 because the label inside top says, "974456A" near the instruction stickers.

I don't have a "high temp wash" button; but manual list temps for normal wash which is the one we always used successfully as 140 F unless the soil sensor detects "light" in which case it doesn't boost water temp.

How do I test the thermistor?

different model numbers have different Thermistors and possibly different Wash Options

Sorry, looked closer, and found model number: 665.15972

Should be 8 digits after the period.

Tech Sheet - 8051291.pdf

link PM'd

Thermistor 9743158

47KΩ - 53KΩ @ 25°C/77°F

12KΩ - 13KΩ @ 60°C/140°F

Z3BqLjBfbXNfNjc3MzkxOC9MUFcvc290b2hwdHJhcC8%3d.jpg