Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Converting a valve DSK-65-LP

joebudd

Hi

I would like to say hello to everyone. I have looked online and have contacted what is left of Dearborn. Everything seems to be top secret. My question is where can I get a parts manual for my wall heater?

I search and search and find nothing. I need help. Thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joebudd

• applianceman18007260692

• RegUS_PatOff

• jumptrout

Yes the heater is not made anymore and the company is gone. But there are people that are selling parts. The heater is a Dearborn. The reason I want a parts manual is to make sure everything is there and to cross reference parts.

Ok forget the paper work. I had the burner out on the bench and unable to keep it burning. Took the valve apart and there was corrosion in it. I don't think there coil/solenoid works correctly either. So now I need a new valve. Now if someone can steer me in the corect direction. I will tell you what I need. Valve needs to have 1/2 in 1/2 out at 90 degrees, 24vac 1/2psi, needs a pilot, thermocouple, A knob with off/on/LO. Needs to be LP and at least 65000 BTU's. Can someone help come up with a part number so I can look at the specs. Thanks

Does it look like this ?

Robertshaw Natural Gas or L.P. Gas Valve:

OPTIONAL PARTS LISTED @ BOTTOM OF PAGE

Replaces Obsolete Gas Valve Part Numbers:

7000AERB5S7C 7000 AERB-5-S7C 7000AERB-5S7C 720-402 U745643 MG-055N 624583 624583B V8200F2520 720402 720DER, 7A7A18-001, 7A18001, 7A7A18-001, CARL37541; TF-5, P-1027, CAR4E400; CAR720402.

click on picture

4E287.jpg

The valve is a essex alpha tafco TF-5. The picture of the valve looks like it might work depending on the in and the out. The pilot really needs to be on the input side, but I can make it work. The big thing is it needs a standing pilot and a manual hi and low heat setting. It is going in a wall furnace for the garage. "Little use". Size 4x4x3.

Ok minor problem. The valve I have states (set 10"). The valve I am looking at buying because it looks the same states

(set 3.5"). Is mine LP and the other natural gas? Now can I convert it easily? Thanks

I found a new old stock valve. Only problem mine is (set 10") and the new is (set 3.5"). Remember the Valve is old and parts are not available. Can I convert the valve? The springs in the my valve are corroded.

No. The springs are what creates the pressure.

Gas valve rebuilding is not a hobby.

That big flat blade screw has a push pin under it. Remove the LP pin out of your old one and put it in that 3.5 valve if you have LP gas. If you have then nat gas then use it like it is.

Ok just to make sure I understand everything correctly. On my valve I removed the screw and it appears to be a screw in orifice. I then removed the housing cover and a spring was under it. Now the orifice is corroded and might not be easily removed. If I remove it I will then have to set it for the (10"). I think I would be better off leaving the orifice in the cover and just transfer the cover. One other thing are the screw in orifices for that housing a common thing. How to setup??????

Show a pic of all sides of that valve.

The screw beneath the scew is probably the pilot adjustment screw.

picture of top of Valve ?

is this the "new" Valve ?

are there any part numbers on it ?

You cannot convert that valve based on what I see that thing is factory set and not servicable in the field...I may be wrong...been wrong before. I have a truck full of essex valves by the way.

Edited by applianceman18007260692

I can't find the number on my valve. This number is fromm the "new" valve. 201-221001-1507

Both valves look identical. The only difference is mine states 10" on the bottom. Let me know if you have one. Post a picture.