Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
rafael

Thermador PRG304US intermittent burner

9 posts in this topic

Thermador PRG304US left rear burner stopped lighting: No gas. Plenty of spark. Then it lights a couple of times, and sometimes dies while turned on, resulting of course in incessant clicking of the sparker....now it pretty much won't turn on....any ideas of where to start? Thanks in advance.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Each Burner Gas "Valve" is a 120v AC Solenoid powered by the Simmer Controller when each SwitchPot Knob is turned.

Do you need the service manual ?

No, gas plenty of spark, Hunh you dont say. I would first, start by asking is this on a burner that has an extra low setting? If so I may have a bit of insight to help you out. I would also suggest that you take Master Reg up on his offer, for the service manual.

Edited by Comstock_Services

Oh Grandmaster, a service manual would be swell, and CS: It is indeed one of the burners with the extra low setting.

ok, when you turn the Left Front burner on, do you hear a click, like a relay closing? You should hear this same click, when you turn the Left Rear burner on, do you hear the click. If not you will likely need a new relay, for the left rear burner. But to be thorough, we gotta check for 120vac to the relay, when you turn the Left Rear burner on. I don't have a break down to show you at this time. Are the control knobs on the front, near your waist, or on the top twards the right?

PDR PGR RANGES.pdf

link PM'd

Part link to the gas solenoid ==> Part number: AP2828839

Part number: AP2828839

Item 20 below:

fxflprl3jh.gif

Shweet! Nothing like a visit from my honorable master and guru, SARM! Thank you for the diagram, thanks to REGUS for the service manual link, and to Constock: The answer to your inquiring is that the knobs are on the front of the range, at hip level. and when I turn on the offending rear burner I do hear a softer click, but not the louder click I associate with the valve opening, if that makes sense. I have much work to do this weekend, oh honorable sensei.

My tried and true method for troubleshooting these XLO beasts...

Requires that at least one of them is working.

Remove the front control panel. See the potentiometers on the valve shaft on each of these xlo valves?

Unplug the unit and reverse the the position of these pot switches (left to right, right to left). Re plug.

Does the problem follow the pot? If so, bad potentiometer....if not, get you one of those valves in the link above.